The “Raketa Watch Factory” pushes its doors wide open!
Once again, the “Raketa Watch Factory”, based in Saint Petersburg, organises an “Open doors” week – from 11-15 November – for professionals of the watch industry (producers, designers, journalists, distributors, suppliers, bloggers, etc).
The aim is to allow you to discover in detail the fascinating world of producing mechanical movements. You will see operations that have hardly ever been shown to you before (due to the secrecy that continues to govern the watch industry). As an example, you will see how is produced the heart of a mechanical watch: the hairspring! You will also particularly enjoy to see how all of these operations are done by hand with “old school” methods (as opposed to using automated numerical machines).
The “Raketa Watch Factory” is one of the very few factories in the world that fully produces its own mechanical movements. The Factory is located in one of the most beautiful cities in the world – Saint Petersburg – right next to the Emperors’ Peterhof summer palace.
We are looking forward to seeing you!
- Length of your stay: The visit of the Factory will take 1 full day (plenty to see & to talk about). St Petersburg being one of the most beautiful cities in the world, we strongly recommend that you stay at least 1 or 2 extra days to visit the city.
- Visa: You may need a visa to come to Russia (1-entry tourist visa). We recommend you to ask a specialised agency to handle for you all the visa formalities. We can recommend to you an agency depending on the city where you live.
- Hotel: We can recommend to you a hotel in Peterhof (5 minutes away from the Raketa Watch Factory and from the Emperors’ summer palace) or a hotel in the center of Saint-Petersburg (45 minutes by car from the Factory). We will organise special rates if you stay in one of these 2 hotels.
- Transfers: We will organise transfers back & forth between the airport & your hotel and between your hotel & the Raketa Watch Factory.
- Help: Please do not hesitate to contact us for any questions concerning the organisation of your trip. We will be happy to help you.
Tel: +7 926 304 05 91
Email: [email protected]
- Registration: to help us better organise your stay and your visit, please register yourself here.